ABOUT THE CENTER OF EXCELLENCE IN MATERNAL, CHILD AND ADOLESCENT HEALTH
As a Center of Excellence in MCAH education, science, and practice, our three overall goals are:
• To provide the best education possible to develop graduates who are prepared to lead Title V and other MCAH organizations and promote and protect the health status of diverse MCAH populations.
• To prepare public health and health care professionals to be leaders in the field of MCAH with a culturally competent, multidisciplinary, community oriented, ethical, and cost-effective vision of maternal, child and adolescent health, with the skills that can help solve the health challenges of the 21st century.
• To work closely with Title V and other MCAH programs at the state, local, national, and global levels to mobilize large scale, synergistic efforts to reduce and eliminate health disparities and barriers to health that affect MCAH populations.
• Prepare future leaders in the service of MCAH populations across the state, nation and world;
• Recruit, train and mentor a diverse cadre of MCAH students responsive to changing economic, political and demographic trends;
• Train students to identify how health equity, social determinants, and risk and protective factors contribute to health outcomes for women, children, adolescents, children and youth with special health care needs (CYSHCN), and families; analyze data that support these observations; and design interventions to improve health outcomes;
• Develop, foster and sustain cultural and linguistic competence in MCAH across all aspects of our academic curriculum, research, and programmatic activities;
• Conduct cutting-edge research that addresses priority needs of MCAH populations, nationally and globally, and increases the evidence base for decision makers and practitioners; and
• Build strong partnerships with other MCAH Training Programs and CoE, Title V stakeholders and MCAH communities to advance and share knowledge and skills, strengthen professional networks, and provide technical assistance and continuing education in MCAH.
CURRENT DEGREE PROGRAM OFFERINGS
No online degree programs with a concentration in MCAH are available at this time.