Student Funding

There are a variety of ways to receive funding as an MCAH student:

MCAH Traineeships

A limited number of MCAH traineeships are awarded to MCAH students annually.  Awards typically cover a portion of tuition and fees for the semester.  All MCAH students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents are eligible for Center of Excellence traineeships and efforts are made to support all students in need for at least one semester during their time in the program.

Graduate Fellowships

The Graduate Fellowships Office provides multi-year University Graduate Fellowships, Diversity Fellowships, and Departmental Block Grant Fellowships. In addition, this office coordinates many extramural fellowships. It also serves as a resource center for students seeking information on fellowships funded by the University and outside sources. There are a limited number of fellowships available. The School of Public Health maintains additional information about fellowships and financial aid for public health students on its website.

Financial Aid

Financial Aid & Scholarship information for prospective Berkeley students can be found at  Student loan and work-study packages are offered to admitted students by the campus Financial Aid Office only after they have submitted their Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) to attend Berkeley.

Student Employment

Students who wish to work during the two-year and MSW/MPH programs are usually able to do so and both on-campus and external employment possibilities exist.  Students in the 11 month and 4+1 programs are typically unable to work due to the academic demands of the accelerated programs.