MCH students strengthen their leadership and practice knowledge and skills by completing a 480 hour internship. Typically, these placements are a 12-week, full-time work experience during the summer between the first and second year of the program. The internship experience is required for all 2 year and concurrent degree program students.
More than 130 public and community-based health agencies and organizations provide internship and mentoring opportunities to MCH students for field placements in the culturally rich and diverse communities of the San Francisco Bay Area.
Examples of recent field placement sites include:
- Planned Parenthood Northern CA
- Philip R. Lee Institute for Health Policy Studies; UCSF
- One Heart World-Wide
- Advancing New Standards in Reproductive Health (ANSIRH) UCSF
- Revolution Foods
- Prevention Institute
- Pader Girls Academy
- Kaiser Permanente Care Management Institute
- California Department of Maternal and Child Health, Sacramento, CA
- Homeless Prenatal Program, San Francisco, CA
- Alameda County Public Health Department: Nutrition Services, Oakland, CA
- California WIC Association
- Los Angeles County Public Health Department: Reproductive Health Program, Los Angeles, CA